ANNIEVILLIE’S GOT TALENT – Thursday, May 31st 1:15-2:30 2018!!
WHERE?: Annieville Stage in the gym
WHO?: Students from K to Gr.7 (maybe even a few teachers!)
WHY?: To celebrate our many talents & skills at Annieville
COUNTDOWN TO – ANNIEVILLE’S GOT TALENT
|April 16-20||Students start by discussing talent show ideas with family, classmates and teachers and then collect props/ costumes/music & keep practicing in order to improve.|
|April 23– 25||Students sign-up for a Talent Show audition|
|April 30- May 4||Auditions take place in MultiPurpose Rm. (noon & after 3pm)|
|Week of May 9||Talent Show finalists are announced!! (K to Grade 7)
Students will be sent home with teacher coaching session times
|May 14 – 25||Finalists continue to practice their acts at home and with teacher coaches at lunch or after school|
|May 29||Dress Rehearsal #1 (Gym & Music Room at lunchtime)|
|May 30||Dress Rehearsal #2 (Gym & Music Room at lunchtime)|
|May 31||Talent Show Walk-Through (Gym at lunchtime)|
|May 31||Annieville’s Got Talent 2018!! (1:15-2:30pm)|
**ALL STUDENTS AND PARENTS, please follow these guidelines and rules
to ensure a FAIR and SAFE Talent Show:
- ALL MUSIC AND LYRICS SHOULD BE APPROPRIATE FOR A SCHOOL-BASED AUDIENCE. If uncertain, please ask your teacher, then Mrs. Hui well before you start practicing (BEFORE your audition!!)
- ALL ACTS MUST BE LESS THAN 4 MINUTES!! Time everything before you decide your act. Shorten it, if necessary.
- EACH STUDENT IN ONE ACT ONLY (So every student has a chance to perform during the auditions & maybe in the Talent Show).
Singers CANNOT sing using tracks with another performer’s voice. Instead, singers can sing: a cappella, with a live or recorded instrumentalist (can be a parent, relative or another student instrumentalist) or an Internet or CD-based karaoke/minus-one track.
Singers must decide EARLY on what music, if any, they will be using and then WORK HARD to get the music onto an ipod/CD in order to guarantee that they will have the song ready for their audition. All singers MUST MEMORIZE THEIR SONG BEFORE their audition.
- **POETS, POETRY RECITERS, STORYTELLERS & ACTORS**
POEMS, PRESENTATIONS, STORIES & SKITS MUST BE MEMORIZED at the audition.
- **DANCERS** Solo or group dancers can use music (with or without words). The choreography should be appropriate for a school-based audience. Again, if you are uncertain, show your classroom teacher, then Mrs. Hui, ASAP.
- **EVERYONE** Please ensure that your performance can be seen, heard and enjoyed by everyone in the audience from the first row all the way to the last row.
Your safety is important, so ensure that you have arranged for any and all safety equipment needed (e.g. martial arts demonstration would require blue floor mats available from the school gym).
- **2 MICROPHONES, CD PLAYER and PIANO ARE AVAILABLE**
- **Please make all arrangements for EVERYTHING your act will require (e.g. props and costumes) prior to your audition. Last-minute efforts will probably result in great disappointment on that day!
- Students who FORGET to show up to their audition will not be considered for the Talent Show. (However, if you were ill or have a legitimate reason, you MUST hand in a parent note to Mrs. Hui the day you return to class. Those who bring a note, including those belonging in a group act, will be rescheduled by the judges for another audition date.
- QUESTIONS??? See your classroom teacher first, then Mrs. Hui
***Past Talent Show Acts have included some of the following***
Singers, Musicians (e.g. piano, guitar, recorder, drums, Boomwhackers…), Poetry Reciters, Story tellers, Dancers, Magicians, Comedians, Actors, Jugglers, Gymnasts, Yo-Yo’ers, Hula Hoopers, Jump Ropers, Martial Artists, Reader’s Theatre Performers, iMovie Makers, etc.
HAVE ANOTHER IDEA??…GOOD!!!… TALK TO YOUR TEACHER!!! DON’T BE SHY!
ASK, PLAN, PREPARE & TRY!!!